Lincoln Electric agrees to acquire J.W. Harris


February 8, 2005

Lincoln Electric Holdings Inc. has announced that it has signed a letter of intent to acquire all of the outstanding stock of the J.W. Harris Co. Inc., a privately held brazing and soldering alloys manufacturer with headquarters in Mason, Ohio.

The transaction is subject to completion of due diligence, board approval of a definitive share purchase agreement, and regulatory approval. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of first-quarter 2005.

Founded in 1914, the J.W. Harris Co. has 335 employees at manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Rhode Island, and Mexico, plus an international distribution center in Spain.


Related Companies