Leavitt Tube renamed Maruichi Leavitt Pipe & Tube

July 10, 2012

Leavitt Tube Co., Chicago, has been renamed Maruichi Leavitt Pipe & Tube LLC. The change reflects the ownership position of the company, which is 60 percent owned by Maruichi Steel Tube Ltd. (MKK) of Japan. The remaining 40 percent of the company is owned by Sumitomo Corp. of America (SOCA), New York City.

Maruichi Leavitt Pipe & Tube maintains its headquarters in Chicago and continues to produce mechanical tubing and steel hollow structural sections. The company also plans to produce A53 grade B tested pipe and API 5L specification pipe after upgrades to its largest structural tube mill, the W80, are complete in the first quarter of 2013.



Related Companies

More in Metals/Materials from TheFabricator.com

comments powered by Disqus