FMA announces 2008 Safety Award winners
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International® (FMA) recently announced the winners of its 2008 Safety Award competition.
Eleven companies received Honor Awards for having no recordable illnesses or injuries in 2007:
- AK Tube LLC, Columbus, Ind.
- B. Walter & Company Inc., Wabash, Ind.
- FMT Inc., Findlay, Ohio
- Great Lakes Contracting Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Tinton Falls, N.J.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Manokin St., Baltimore, Md.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Boyle St., Baltimore, Md.
- McAbee Construction Inc., Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Nova Group Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Welfab Inc., N. Billerica, Mass.
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
Four companies received Merit Awards for having an illness or injury incidence rate that is more than 10 percent better than the national average for the company's NAICS code determined by comparing it to the most recently published OSHA statistics:
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Dallas
- Clairon Metals, Covington, Ga.
- Anderson & Dahlen Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- Wichita Steel Fabricators, Wichita, Kan.
- Mayflower Vehicle Systems Inc., Shadyside, Ohio
Main Steel Polishing Inc., Commerce, Ga., received an Honorable Mention Award for having an illness and injury rate better than but less than 10 percent better than the OSHA national average for its NAICS code.
Welfab Inc., N. Billerica, Mass., received the Most Improved Award for having the greatest improvement in its incidence rate of all the safety award entrants.
B. Walter & Co. Inc., Wabash, Ind., now has won its 12th consecutive Safety Award. McAbee Construction, Tuscaloosa, Ala., has won five years in a row.
This is the fifth consecutive Merit Award for Mayflower Vehicle Systems, Shadyside, Ohio.
The annual competition is open to all Advantage and AdvantagePlus members of FMA and the Tube & Pipe Association, International® (TPA).