FMA announces 2013 Safety Award winners
March 26, 2013
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Intl. (FMA), Rockford, Ill., has announced the 2013 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners. The awards, sponsored by property and casualty insurance company CNA, recognize company members of FMA and Tube & Pipe Intl. (TPA) that have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in safety.
Recipients of the 2013 Safety Award of Honor — presented to companies having perfect safety records for the calendar year — are:
- Arrow Sheet Metal Products Co., Denver
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Tinton Falls, N.J.; Atlanta; and Riverside, Calif.
- Mech-Tronics, Melrose Park, Ill.
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
- Nova Group Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel, Gary, Ind., and Mount Sterling, Ky.
- Progressive Metal Mfg., Warren, Mich.
- Waukesha Metal Products, Grafton, Wis.
Recipients of the 2013 Safety Award of Merit — presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for the calendar year that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater — are:
- ADM Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
- BTD Mfg., Detroit Lakes, Minn.
- Eberl Iron Works Inc., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Feralloy Corp., Huger, S.C.
- Formtek Inc., Warrensville, Ohio
- Harco Metal Products, Valley Head, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group, Blytheville, Ark.; Thomasville, Ala.; Chicago; Wheatland, Pa.; Harrow, Ont.; Niles, Ohio; and Plymouth, Mich.
- Kastalon Inc., Alsip, Ill.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Harmony, Pa.
- McAlpin Industries, Rochester, N.Y.
- Olympic Steel, Bedford Heights, Ohio; and Detroit
- Overton Industries, Mooresville, Ind.
- Steel Warehouse, Cleveland and Memphis
- Tampa Tank Inc.-Florida Structural Steel, Tampa, Fla.
- The Dupps Co., Germantown, Ohio
- Valtimet Inc., Morristown, Tenn.
- Welfab Inc., N. Billerica, Mass.
Recipients of the 2013 Safety Award – Honorable Mention — presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for the calendar year that is equal to or less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate — are:
- Anderson & Dahlen Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- GH Metal Solutions Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group, Cambridge, Ohio; Wheatland, Pa.
- River Steel Inc., West Salem, Wis.
- Southeastern Metal Products LLC, Charlotte, N.C.
- Tube Hollows Intl., Windham, Maine
- Timesavers Inc., Maple Grove, Minn.