FMA names 2014 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Intl. (FMA), Rockford, Ill., has announced the 2014 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe Association Intl. (TPA) company members, the program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have a commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council, and the awards are sponsored by CNA Insurance Companies.
The 2014 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records — no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2013. One of this year’s honor winners, Nova Group Inc. of Napa, Calif., has won for three consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award of Honor are:
- BTD Mfg. Inc. - Lakeville, Minn. (two facilities), and Otsego, Minn.
- Eskay Metal Fabricating - Buffalo, N.Y.
- Feralloy Corp. - Huger, S.C.
- Material Fabricators Inc. - Buellton, Calif.
- Nova Group Inc. - Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel - Gary, Ind.; Bedford Heights, Ohio; Dover, Ohio; and Roseville, Minn.
The 2014 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2013 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the merit winners, Anderson & Dahlen has won a safety award for eight consecutive years, and ADM Mechanical, GH Metal Solutions, and Tampa Tank-Florida Structural Steel have each won a safety award for five consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award of Merit are:
- ADM Mechanical - Decatur, Ill.
- AK Tube LLC - Columbus, Ind., and Walbridge, Ohio
- Anderson & Dahlen Inc. - Ramsey, Minn.<.li>
- Begneaud Mfg. Inc. - Lafayette, La.
- BTD Mfg. - Detroit Lakes, Minn.
- Buhler Aeroglide - Cary, S.C.
- Cerro Flow Products LLC - Shelbina, Mo.
- GH Metal Solutions Inc. - Fort Payne, Ala.
- Harco Metal Products - Valley Head, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group – Blytheville, Ark.; Thomasville, Ala.; Cambridge, Ohio; Chicago; Harrow, Ont.; and Plymouth, Mich.
- McAlpin Industries - Rochester, N.Y.
- Mech-Tronics - Melrose Park, Ill.
- New Standard Corp. - York, Pa.
- Olympic Steel – Schaumburg, Ill.; Siler City, N.C.; Detroit
- PlayCore Wisconsin Inc. - Fort Payne, Ala.
- Progressive Metal Mfg. - Warren, Mich.
- R-V Industries - Honey Brook, Pa.
- Shickel Corp. - Bridgewater, Va.
- Southeastern Metal Products LLC - Charlotte, N.C.
- Steel Warehouse – Cleveland; Rock Island, Ill.
- Tampa Tank Inc. - Florida Structural Steel - Tampa, Fla.
- The Dupps Co. - Germantown, Ohio
- Timesavers Inc. - Maple Grove, Minn.
- Union Corrugating - Fayetteville, N.C.
- Vanner Inc. - Hilliard, Ohio
The 2014 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2013 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate based on their NAICS code.
Companies receiving the 2014 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
- General Sheet Metal Works - South Bend, Ind.
- JMC Steel Group - Niles, Ohio
- Olympic Steel - Milford, Conn.
- Steel Warehouse of Ohio - South Bend, Ind.
The 2014 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Olympic Steel of Dover, Ohio.
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit OSHA Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2013, through Dec. 31, 2013. Firms of all sizes were eligible.