FMA/CNA Safety Award winners announced
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Intl.® (FMA), and CNA Safety Committee recently presented awards to FMA and the Tube & Pipe Association, Intl.® (TPA), member companies that made safety a No. 1 priority in 2004.
The Award of Honor, presented to companies having perfect safety records[LONG DASH] no recordable injuries or illnesses for the reporting period[LONG DASH]went to:
- Custom Sheet Metal Corp., Syracuse, N.Y.
- Eskay Metal Fabricating, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Etna Products Inc., Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Kehr-Buffalo Wire Frame Co. Inc., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Leveltek Processing LLC, Benwood, W. Va.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Atlanta
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Baltimore
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc., Tinton Falls, N.J.
- Mathison Metalfab Inc., Waukesha, Wis.
- Nova Group Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Nutron Nameplate Inc., N. Olmsted, Ohio
- Peterson Electric Panel Mfg. Co. Inc., Berkeley, Ill.
- Tallyrand Industrial Systems Inc., Oceanside, Calif.
- Tool Mate Corp., Cincinnati
- Woodman Agitator Inc., Avon, Ohio
The Award of Merit, presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for the reporting period that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on SIC codes, was given to:
- AK Tube LLC, Columbus, Ind.
- Allied Tube & Conduit, Harvey, Ill.
- B. Walter & Co., Wabash, Ind.
- Budde Sheet Metal Works Inc., Dayton, Ohio
- Central Steel Fabricators Inc., Cicero, Ill.
- DeWys Manufacturing Inc., Mame, Mich.
- Dura Automotive Systems Inc., Stockton, Ill.
- Federal-Mogul Corp., Skokie, Ill.
- Feralloy Processing Co., Portage, Ind.
- Fisher Engineering, Rockland, Maine
- Formtek Metal Forming Inc., Warrensville Heights, Ohio
- Haynes International Inc., Arcadia, La.
- Hill Engineering, Villa Park, Ill.
- Horizon Metals Inc., Berea, Ohio
- IPSCO Tubulars Inc., Camanche, Iowa
- Jett Cutting Service Inc., Bedford Park, Ill.
- Lake Company, Eugene, Ore.
- Main Street Polishing Co. Inc., Dallas
- Maloya Laser Inc., Commack, N.Y.
- Martin Door Manufacturing, Salt Lake City
- Mayflower Vehicle Systems Inc., Shadyside, Ohio
- McAbee Construction Inc., Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- National Manufacturing Co., Sterling, Ill.
- Newport Steel Corp., Newport, Ky.
- ProCoil Corp., Canton, Mich.
- Shape Corp., Grand Haven, Mich.
- Shaw NAPTech, Clearfield, Utah
- Strippit/LVD, Akron, N.Y.
- Team Industries Inc., Kaukauna, Wis.
- Tri Tool Inc., Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- Valtimet Inc., Morristown, Tenn.
- Voss Industries Inc., Cleveland
- Weslor Enterprises Inc., Phelps, N.Y.
- Zero Manufacturing Inc., North Salt Lake, Utah
The Safety Award Honorable Mention, awarded to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for the reporting period at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate, based on SIC code, went to:
- Koppel Steel Corp., Baytown, Texas
- Samuel Steel Pickling Co., Twinsburg, Ohio
- SKD Automotive Group, Jonesville, Mich.
The Most Improved award, given to the member company positing an injury and illness incidence rate equal to or better than the published BLS rate and also having the greatest percentage of improvement over the previous reporting year, was presented to Custom Sheet Metal Corp., Syracuse, N.Y.