Winners of 2012 FMA/CNA Safety Awards announced
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Intl. (FMA), Rockford, Ill., has announced the 2012 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe Association Intl. (TPA) company members, the program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have a commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council, and the awards are sponsored by CNA Insurance Group.
The Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records, with no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2011. Companies receiving the 2012 Safety Award of Honor are:
- ADM- Mechanical – Decatur, Ill.
- Big J Enterprises – Albuquerque, N.M.
- JMC Steel Group – Blytheville, Ark., and Sharon, Pa.
- Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc. – Tinton Falls, N.J.; Commerce, Calif.; and Schiller Park, Ill.
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC – Versailles, Ky.
- Nova Group Inc. – Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel – Bedford Heights, Ohio; Mount Sterling, Ky.; and Dover, Ohio
- Welfab Inc. – North Billerica, Maine
- Material Fabricators Inc. – Buellton, Calif.
The 2012 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2011 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Companies receiving the 2012 Safety Award of Merit are:
- AK Tube LLC – Columbus, Ind.
- AK Tube LLC – Walbridge, Ohio
- Anderson & Dahlen Inc. – Ramsey, Minn.
- JMC Steel Group – Chicago-Structural; Chicago-Pipe; Harrow, Ont.; and Plymouth, Mich.
- BTD Mfg. – Detroit Lakes, Minn.
- Genzink Steel – Holland, Mich.
- GH Metal Solutions – Fort Payne, Ala.
- J. L. Clark – Rockford, Ill.
- McAlpin Industries – Rochester, N.Y.
- Olympic Steel – Bedford Heights, Ohio; Milford, Conn.; and Schaumburg, Ill.
- Tampa Tank Inc. – Florida Structural Steel – Tampa, Fla.
The 2012 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to JMC Steel Group, Plymouth, Mich., for being the Safety Award winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.