NBT announces spring scholarship winners
December 16, 2013
Nine students seeking careers in manufacturing each earned $1,500 or $2,500 toward their postsecondary studies from Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs®, The Foundation of the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Intl. (FMA), Rockford, Ill.
For the first time NBT awarded manufacturing scholarships for both the spring and fall semesters. The spring scholarship winners are:
- Eurydice Kanimba, Wichita Falls, Texas - Mechanical engineering at Midwestern State University
- *Karolina Stus, Elmwood Park, Ill. - Manufacturing engineering at Triton College
- Mitchell Johnson, Flower Mound, Texas - Mechanical engineering at The University of Texas at Austin
- Andrew Klimek, Cherry Hill, N.J. - Engineering manufacturing technology at Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Brandon Platt, Blairsville, Pa. - Welding and fabrication engineering technology at Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Luis Bustamante, Nogales, Ariz. - Mechanical engineering at Pima Community College
- Ross Snyder, Platte City, Mo. - Mechanical engineering at University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Computing and Engineering
- Brandon Wells, Euharlee, Ga. - Mechanical engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ryan Baarstad, Brownstown, Mich. - Industrial technology at Eastern Michigan University
For more scholarship information, visit www.nutsandboltsfoundation.org/scholarships.