Manufacturers announce open house schedules for Manufacturing Day
Several manufacturers have announced their participation in Manufacturing Day, a nationwide event on Oct. 5, 2012, to highlight the importance of manufacturing to the nation’s economy and draw attention to the many rewarding, high-skill jobs available in manufacturing fields.
The event sponsors — Rockford, Ill.-based Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Intl. (FMA), the U.S. Commerce Department’s Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), Wisconsin MEP (WMEP); and Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center (IMEC). MEP is part of the Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) — have invited additional associations and organizations supporting the manufacturing industry to hold open houses, public tours, career workshops, and other events on Oct. 5 to introduce as many people as possible to the important role of manufacturing.
Open houses include:
- Inteprod LLC, 970-200 Rittenhouse Road, Eagleville, Pa. The open house will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The finished-product contract manufacturer provides engineering, manufacturing, and assembly services to the medical and food safety industries.
- IRMCO, 2117 Greenleaf St., Evanston, Ill. The open house will be held on Oct. 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Evanston-area community. The company manufactures metal forming lubricants.
- The Rodon Group, 2800 Sterling Drive, Hatfield, Pa. Tours will be conducted at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. for the Philadelphia-area community. The company manufactures K'NEX™ construction toys for its sister company, as well as other, custom-manufactured plastic parts.
- Super Steel, 7900 W. Tower Ave., Milwaukee. The open house will run from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for Milwaukee and surrounding communities. The company is a contract manufacturer providing design for manufacturing, laser cutting, CNC forming, welding, coating, assembly, and logistics services to the agricultural, construction, industrial, and transportation markets.
- Tech Castings Inc., 1102 South St., Shirley, Ind. The manufacturer of investment castings will hold its open house for the Indianapolis-area community from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Visitors will participate in a tour of the 25,000-sq.-ft. facility.
- TRUMPF Inc., Farmington Industrial Park, Farmington, Conn. The company will offer tours highlighting the manufacturing processes necessary for the production of fabricating machinery and industrial laser technology. The event will run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For a complete list of open houses on Manufacturing Day, and to preregister for an open house, visit www.mfgday.com.