PwC survey: Nearly four-fifths of industrial manufacturing CEOs are confident of revenue growth over next 12 months
February 8, 2012
PwC has released Its Global CEO Survey. Key findings in the industrial manufacturing sector include:
- Nearly four-fifths of industrial manufacturing CEOs are somewhat or very confident of revenue growth over the next 12 months, although just 18 percent believe the global economy will improve.
- CEOs in this sector are downbeat about the global economy as 40 percent expect it to decline in the next 12 months, although they are actually slightly more optimistic than their counterparts in the entire sample.
- 68 percent say they are focusing more heavily on innovations designed to reduce the cost of existing processes.
- 35 percent of industrial manufacturers are planning to complete a cross-border merger or acquisition in the next 12 months.
- 71 percent expect to make strategic change this year due to drivers including concerns about economic growth, customer demand, and competitive threats.