Schuler celebrates 175th anniversary
Press manufacturer Schuler, based in Göppingen, Germany, marks its 175th year in business in 2014.
Louis Schuler founded the company in 1839 as a metalworking shop. In 1900 the company exhibited the world’s first transfer press at the World Exhibition in Paris. In 1924 the company began supplying the fledgling auto industry with a car body press for Opel.
After World War II, Schuler was the first company in the American sector to receive an export license. At the same time, the company drove its internationalization with the foundation of subsidiaries in Brazil and North America, for example, followed by China and India in the 1990s. In recent years innovations have included Compact-Crossbar presses and ServoDirect and TwinServo technologies.