STI/SPFA honors member companies with awards
March 26, 2014
Lake Zurich, Ill.-based STI/SPFA, an association for companies that fabricate steel tanks, pipe, and pressure vessels for use in the petroleum, food, water, and chemical processing industries, has announced the winners of its Steel Tank and Fabricated Product of the Year Awards for 2013 in specific industry categories. Winners were chosen based on how well they promote the value of steel fabrication, uniqueness, design and engineering, and aesthetics.
Field Erected Tank of the Year Award winners are:
- Elevated tank: CBI Services Inc., New Castle, Del.
- Reservoir tank: Paso Robles Tank, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Special storage tank: Paso Robles Tank
- Standpipe: Fisher Tank Co., Chester, Pa.
- API 620 low-pressure liquid storage tank: Fisher Tank Co.
- API 650 atmospheric oil storage tank: CBI Services Inc., Everett, Wash.
- ASME pressure vessel storage: CB&I Inc., Plainfield, Ill.
Fabricated Product of the Year Award winners are:
- Pressure vessel: Eaton Metal Products, Denver
- Shop fabricated tank: Hamilton Tanks LLC, Columbus, Ohio
- Special fabrication: Paso Robles Tank
Steel Water Pipe and Pipeline Project Award winners are:
- Steel pipe fabrication:
- MidAmerica Pipe Fabricating & Supply, Scammon, Kan.
- Steel pipeline project: Ameron Intl., Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Pipe supply/service project: National Welding Corp., Midvale, Utah
The winner of the affiliate product of the year is The Sherwin-Williams Co., Indianapolis.